Great opportunity for a qualified ACCA / CIMA Accountant to join this leading Fylde Coast organisation.
Reporting to the Finance Director your will be responsible for the following areas :
- Review accounting policies and the way in which they are applied, form judgements in key accounting areas and agree these internally with key stakeholders and with the external auditors
- Ensure that efficient processes are in place around Financial Reporting and Control, automated as far as possible and to minimise the reliance on spreadsheets for financial reporting
- Review balance sheet control processes to provide assurance that appropriate balance sheet control procedures are in place and operating effectively
- Process owner for all statutory reporting accountable for ensuring internal and statutory deadlines for external reporting are met (year-end statutory accounts, data for internal Group reporting deadlines) and accurate, reliable financial information is provided
- Prepare relevant papers for Executive Management Team and Board as necessary to obtain approval of key internal / external reporting documentation
- Process owner for the production of internal monthly financial management information, accountable for the accuracy, quality and timeliness of information (eg Reporting Packs, Board reports)
- To liaise with the external auditors to facilitate a well-managed and efficient audit and to prepare the annual statutory accounts
- Responsibility for VAT / PAYE and Corporation Tax accounting and returns
- Key input into company budgeting and forecasting process
- To undertake any other duties consistent with the position
This is a senior postion within the business and therefore candidate must be able to demonstrate strong communciation skills, as well as robust and advanced Excel skills.