A well-known, highly regarded independent firm of chartered accountants based in Manchester city centre who deal with a wide range of clients across the UK. They are looking to expand their highly succesful tax department and therefore are requiring Tax Assistants to join their team.
As a tax professional you will be required to undertake the following:
- Managing all aspects of their allocated client portfolio; including the planning, the execution of the work, drafting of correspondence and billing
- Preparation of tax returns and tax repayment claims and related working papers.
- Provision of tax advice to clients and also Partners and staff
- Dealing with the HMR&C.
- Managing all aspects of the tax affairs of those clients for whom the individual is responsible and where advice spans different areas providing a high level of support to clients
- Providing ad hoc/planning advice to clients on tax matters from time to time.
- Assisting with other ad-hoc assignments in relation to the financial affairs of clients
- Giving briefings to clients on relevant tax topics
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- An extensive background in personal and trust tax, including familiarity and experience of offshore, domicile and residence issues.
- CTA qualified
- At least 2 years post qualified experience
- ACA/ACCA qualification, desirable
- Effective client handling/service skills
- Used to coaching & delegating to staff
- Able to network and market effectively
- Flexible working attitude
- Organised and methodical manner
- Good written and oral communication skills (confident dealing with HMR&C, Bankers and Investment Managers etc, able to produce accurate well presented schedules, letters and reports).
- Good IT skills
Salary negotiable depending on experience.