£40000 - £45000 per annum
Due to continued growth and rise in sales my client are looking to recruit a Qualifed Accountant to join their team in Preston. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller you will be highly motivated, very much a self starter and be able a key member of the team to review and improve existing controls and proceedures.
Key duties and responsibilities will include :
- Production of monthly management accounts inc P&L's, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements
- Production of detailed monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Working closely with the Divisional Financial Controller to review and improvement of existing financial controls
- Managing the Accounts Receivable and general ledger teams
- Maintain the General Ledger including ownership of the Fixed Asset Register
- Liaising with the Retail and Primary Management Accountants in order to reconcile differences between weekly and monthly accounts
- Management of the Accounts Receivable team with strong cash collection emphasis
- Management of Accounts Payable team
- Controlling and maintenance of bank accounts including Invoice Discounting Facility.
- Heavily involved in the planned implementation of the new Accounting system
- Coding purchase invoices to the relevant general ledger accounts
- Preparation and submission of monthly statutory returns inc VAT
- Full involvement in the preparation of statutory accounts and their subsequent audit
The person :
- Ideally have at least 5 years experience plus a recognised Accountancy qualification
- A key eye to influence and assist in the implementaion of improvements to systems and processes
This is fantastic opportunity to join a well established organisation where the succesful candidate will have a real opportunity to influence and make a difference.