A well established accountancy firm based in Preston, Lancashire are looking to recruit an experienced semi-senior/senior accountant to join their expanding team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to take the next step up in their career.
- Assisting to manage a portfolio of clients including, unincorporated and incorporated clients as well as personal tax clients
- Preparation of statutory accounts from client records
- Completion of monthly management accounts and review of junior members of staff work
- Liaising directly with clients regarding their accounts and tax, including queries, questions and complaints
- Monitoring of filing deadlines for Limited Company accounts and corporation tax returns
- Training Trainee accountants in the department
- Reviewing work completed by the more junior accountants
- Assisting the Management team with job planning and ad-hoc duties
- ACA/ACCA - full or part qualified
- Minimum four years' experience of working in practice ideally in a top 50/regional firm environment
- Experience of all types of accounts from sole traders, partnerships to limited companies including management accounts as this will form a key part of the role
- Audit experience would be preferred but is not essential
- Some experience of supervision and training of staff
- Taxation knowledge is desirable as the role will entail some taxation experience especially with VAT and Corporation Tax
- Confidence and experience in dealing with clients - not necessarily client facing immediately but able to convey results or queries - either verbally or written;
- Strong communicator and team player as will work directly with the management team.
- Iris/Sage/Microsoft Office experience all advantageous
Salary negotiable depending on previous experience.