Due to year on year growth and ongoing success in their sector, my client, is a leading construction business based on the Fylde Coast. This is a newly created position to support the Directors and Senior Management team in the production of financial information
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of Finance Reports within the agreed monthly timescales, including accruals & prepayments and fixed/adjustment journals, for the Finance Review reporting and Management Accounts production process.
- Work with the Finance Manager on annual budgets and rolling forecast production.
- Preparation of the draft year-end statutory accounts and working papers.
- Process the monthly CIS return and deal with the necessary RTI submissions
- Complete management accounts to 1st review stage together with accompanying support schedules
- Preparation of CITB levy returns and submission of grant claims
- Issuing job cost reports in line with the business financial timetable
- To oversee the finance administrators
- Carry out the monthly reconciliation of the necessary balance sheet accounts and maintain the bank reconciliation on Sage
- Preparation of statutory VAT returns for review and submission.
- Maintain business fixed asset registers.
- Review supplier statement reconciliations in line with accruals preparation
- Monitor and maintain retentions schedules and liaise with supply chain over payments
- Ensure Petty Cash returns, Company Credit Card transactions and Personal Expenses are processed and review expenditure for compliance with company guidelines, correct coding and with the correct VAT calculation and supporting documentation.
- Ensure that professional working relationships are maintained with all suppliers and Sub Contractors.
To be considered for this position you will either be a fully trained (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Accountant or QBE. A background within the construction industry would be beneficial although not essential. Candidates will also have strong SAGE knowledge, confident in the use of Excel as well as having the ability to communicate across the business.
Along with this opportunity is a generous salary / benefits package as well as great, modern working conditions.