Leading Preston based service organistation are looking to recruit an ACA Qualified Accountant to provide secondary assistance to the Group FD.
A summary of duties and responsibilities will include :
- Review accounting policies and the way in which they are applied, form judgements in key accounting areas and agree these internally with key stakeholders and with the external auditors
- Ensure that robust and efficient processes are in place around Financial Reporting and Control,
- Review balance sheet control processes to provide assurance that appropriate balance sheet control procedures are in place and operating effectively
- Process owner for all statutory reporting accountable for ensuring internal and statutory deadlines for external reporting are met (year-end statutory accounts, data for internal Group reporting deadlines) and accurate, reliable financial information is provided
- Prepare relevant papers for Board Reporting
- Process owner for the production of internal monthly financial management information, accountable for the accuracy, quality and timeliness of information (eg Reporting Packs, Board reports)
- To liaise with the external auditors to facilitate a well-managed and efficient audit and to prepare the annual statutory accounts
- Responsibility for VAT / PAYE and Corporation Tax accounting and returns
- Key input into company budgeting and forecasting process
It is essential that candidates are ACA Qualified and have confident and effective communication skills and possess advanced Excel skills.
In return the succesful candidate can expect generous pension contribution, 28 days holidays plus flexible working opportunities.