£38000 - £50000 per annum
My client is a genuine market leading FMCG organisation with exciting growth plans for the next 5 years. Turnover is set to grow over £50 million over the next 5 years.
That growth has led to the business now requiring a hungry, dynamic but personable Financial Controller to join the expanding new management team who are embarking on a continuingly aggressive growth strategy.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will be primarily tasked with ensuring rigorous financial control and reporting along with periodic management reporting across the business, assisting with driving through change where appropriate and providing stakeholders with accurate, timely and relevant financial information.
Working closely with the FD & MD, the successful candidate will be a confident communicator with excellent accounts team management, financial management/reporting and people skills with demonstrable ability to engage and influence effectively at all levels.
The appointee will have obvious, sound technical skills and have demonstrated the practical application of these in their current and previous roles. You will be qualified and experience within FMCG would be beneficial. They will also have experience of financial reporting to strict monthly deadlines within an SME/entrepreneurial environment.
* Production of timely, relevant and accurate financial reporting
* Management of and responsibility for the finance department (5 Accounts staff), ensuring all transaction processing and deadlines are met.
* Ensure monthly sign-off of payroll, expenses, DD tracker, purchase ledger payment runs
* Assist with the development of internal financial/management reporting systems
* Assist with the development of internal control systems and processes to mitigate financial risks
* Assist with the production of annual budgets
* Divisional target setting and performance
Key Performance Measures
* Ensure management, flash and weekly accounts are reported accurately and to deadline
* Ensure consistent quality of output from accounts team
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone to join a class leading business and take a dramatic career defining step in the career path to a main board position.
North West accountancy, finance and HR recruiters