Manufacturing Accountant in Burnley
Currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Accountant for a large manufacturing business in Burnley. The business are about to embark on a number of exciting new projects & changes, of which you will become fully involved.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the key purpose of the role will be to provide timely and accurate information on overall costs of manufacturing that will assist the senior management team in making decisions on current operational matters and improve the clarity of product profitability.
- Preparation of monthly manufacturing data within tight deadlines for use in management accounts
- Build annual margin report from budget sales and manufacturing data to show profitability
- Provide thorough and detailed analysis of variances against budget and forecast for manufacturing costs
- Inventory management and reporting, including stock valuation/revaluation
- Control of stock obsolescence and disposal
- Investigate unusual balances / variances
- Assist Operations with reporting
- Work with other managers to understand changes to manufacturing processes and replicate changes to BOM's and manufacturing accounting
- Maintaining & update the standard cost system and produce product costing
- Responsibility for exec payroll and cover for weekly / monthly payrolls. Supervision of payroll clerk.
- Develop and improve manufacturing accounting processes and procedures
- Participate in and support business improvement opportunities and other ad-hoc projects
- Play a key part of the pending system implementation team - a project that is coming up in the near future
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Have a sound manufacturing background and good knowledge of product costing (bills of materials, routings etc) and factory processes
- Excel literate
- Strong ERP system knowledge
- Ability to engage with other departments, desire to solve problems
- Be resilient, tenacious and able to challenge the status-quo
- Possess excellent planning and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
This position would ideally suit a Cost Accountant or Factory Accountant with a strong Manufacturing background.
If successful, you will receive a very competitive salary and benefits package, including free on-site parking & full study support for those who wish to receive it. Extensive career progression opportunities are also available.