£18000 - £19000 per annum + Study Support + Pension
You will be working for a large retail company with over 40 branches, in a fast-moving office of 25. You will be responsible for helping to prepare the company's financial and management accounts ensuring that all transactions are accounted in accordance with company and statutory requirements.
You must be committed to your further development and want to do further qualifications such as the CIMA or ACCA as the company invest into your future. They love to promote from within and have a good reputation of looking after staff.
- Working hours - Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm
- Accurate and timely work
- Assist in the production of high quality management and financial information
- Accruals and prepayments process, including monthly analysis
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts, ensuring that any differences are understood and promptly corrected.
- Working with all finance functions to ensure any anomalies, risks or opportunities are appropriately communicated and ultimately reflected in the accounts.
- Liaising with key stakeholders
- Contributing to the budget and forecast processes to agreed timelines
- Assisting in the statutory audit process
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly reports, including commentary and analysis
Skills and experience
- Must have a 2:1 in a statistic based degree or above
- Competent IT skills especially on Excel including using a wide range of functions and formulas, creating pivot tables
- Maintain stable performance under pressure
- Manage multiple tasks within a fast-moving environment with the ability to manage expectations and hit deadlines
- Able to identify alternative and innovative solutions to working practises
- Flexible & hard working