£200 - £250 per day
A large FMCG business are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant in Preston. You will be assisting the Finance Manager by taking ownership, accounting and reporting for one of the business divisions and its related companies.
- Oversee reporting on Profit and Loss, monitoring profitability and investigating/analysing build variances identified
- Oversee production of a monthly reporting pack to key stakeholders.
- Oversee the calculation and processing of asset transfers. Investigation of significant variances and commentary
- Oversee the calculation and processing absorption journals. Investigation of significant variances and commentary
- Oversee the processing of capital accruals. Investigation of significant variances and commentary
- Oversee month end reconciliations, including but not limited to balance sheet reconciliations for relevant companies (most significantly WIP), including reconciliation of WIP Ledger to project ledger
- Oversee the preparation of monthly reporting schedules, including but not limited to Additions, Absorption, and Capital Commitments
- Oversee the preparation of weekly stats. Investigation of significant variances and commentary
- Oversee all other month end process, such as depreciation for example.
- Prepare for Individual Company Review Meetings
- Business partnering to key stakeholders
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA), have experience of staff supervision, have the ability to demonstrate experience of process improvement and possess advanced Excel skills.