£18000 - £21000 per annum + study package
My client is a top 15 accounts practice looking for a recent graduate to join their Tax department. Working as a Graduate Tax Adviser you'll gain knowledge of tax legislation to provide advisory and consultancy services to clients, ensuring that they pay their taxes in the most efficient way and benefit from any tax advantages and exemptions.
Duties will Include assisting with:
- Researching, analysing and interpreting changing tax legislation in both the UK and overseas
- Meeting with clients and collating information
- Working with tax law and revenue provisions
- Preparing and submitting compliance (tax) returns by the deadline
- Liaising and negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) on behalf of the client
- Providing consultancy services to high value private clients
- Creating tax strategies for clients and planning their financial futures
- Carrying out detailed computations to calculate tax liability and advising on how to minimise a client's liability
- Establishing and structuring family trusts
- Estate planning and advising on tax residence and domicile matters
- Providing guidance on indirect taxation issues such as VAT, customs planning and environmental taxes
- Producing reports and presentations for clients.
Your key skills should include:
- Must have a 2:1 or above in Accountancy & Finance or a numeric based degree
- Competent IT skills especially on Excel including using a wide range of functions and formulas, creating pivot tables.
- Accurate with good attention to detail is essential for this role given the responsibility of checking payment details
Benefits of this job
- Fantastic opportunity to progress - ATT/CTA study support will be given after a qualifying period.
- 33 days' holiday
- Fantastic bonus scheme
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity based near Manchester please contact Sam Fish at Agility Resourcing on 01772 278078 or apply direct with an updated CV.