My client located in Manchester servicing the IT & digital market. The business has for many years been specialising in permanent recruitment but in the last two years has begun to build a contractor base which together with some ambitious growth plans has meant that it needs to develop and manage a finance function.
The business are now seeking a Finance Manager to be the first appointment of this plan
This is a vital role which supports our Financial Administration, manages our Accounts and cash flow. The Finance Manager is a key contact for all internal and external customers, whilst supporting the Directors in the provision of financial support for the planning, KPI analysis its interpretation and reporting controls
- Solid commercial accounts and administration experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Accurate / good attention to detail
- CiMA/ACA/ACCA part qualified
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office in particular Excel
- Able to work under own initiative
- Strong analytical skills
- Detailed knowledge of variance analysis, posting journals and completing reconciliations
- Experience, VAT returns, monthly management accounts, Profit and Loss, Budgeting and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Working knowledge of Sage Accounts and have a detailed understanding of the business processes and principles used in accounting transactions, including systems, documentation and industry variations.
Role Responsibilities include
- Generating reports, a full set of monthly management accounts, Profit and loss, Balance sheet for all Directors
- Responsibility for timesheet and invoice reconciliation for billing of contractors and all invoicing for permanent placements
- Sales, purchase, credit ledger and bank reconciliation
- Vat returns
- Managing bank & invoice finance facilities
- Accurately complete period end processes to tight deadlines, reconciliation and investigation of balance sheet accounts, including analysis and reporting on business performance.
- Review of aged debt and credit control
- Cash flow management and forecasting.
- MI preparation for Directors
- Budgeting and business forecasting
- Liaison with external finance partners including Audit and Payroll bureau