Junior HR Advisor 9-14 month paternity cover
£25,000 (depending on experience)
Working in one of the North Wests most prestigious companies with over 900 staff and a member of the Telegraph best 100 companies to work for.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a passion for working with people in a supportive, caring and highly accountable role.
As the Junior People Support Advisor you will focus primarily on Employee Relations, providing generalist HR support to the office and stores as part of our award-winning great workplace.
Working in a dedicated team of People Support professionals you will be an ambassador for our company values leading from the front, putting the people at the forefront of all that they do.
The role will predominantly involve the following:
- First line support for all people enquiries, both internal and external
- Supporting our People Support Manager with coaching/advising Managers on ER issues such as performance/conduct and absence
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders in the business
- Tracking of HR metrics such as the Bradford Factor and absence levels
- Producing monthly and quarterly HR reports for Management
- Working alongside our Recruitment, Payroll and L&D teams
- General administration support to the People Support department including:
- Maintaining HR database and paper-based colleagues records with regards to new starters, change of contract details and personal details
Monitoring and coordinating the review of fixed term and seasonal contracts and working with line managers
- Passion for working with people and supporting a great workplace
- Previous administrative and some HR advisor experience from within a HR team
- Ability to build positive working relationships and establish rapport with people at all levels
- Knowledge of current employment legislation
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of confidentiality
- Strong communication skills, both written, verbal and face to face
- Ability to work accurately & attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to both prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
- Ability to work using own initiative to resolve problems
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn new systems
- Previous experience of working within a HR department in the retail sector
- Multisite experience
- CIPD level 3 or higher
- 28 Days holiday
- Free parking