Job title: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £20,000 - £22,500
Location: Manchester, M28
An exciting opportunity has come available for an Accounts Assistant working for a communications company in Worsley, reporting into an experienced Management Accounting providing knowledge and support.
The responsibilities include:
- Monitoring daily communications and answering any queries.
- Preparing statutory accounts.
- Ensuring payments, amounts and records are correct.
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals.
- Recording and filing cash transactions.
- Controlling credit and chasing debt.
- Invoice processing and filing.
- Processing expense requests for the accountant to approve.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Liaising with third party providers, clients and suppliers.
- Updating and maintaining procedural documentation.
The skills needed are:
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction accurately.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Competent IT skills, particularly proficiency with spreadsheet software.
- High level of accuracy.
- Extremely organised in a manner that is easily read by others.
- Trustworthy and discreet when dealing with confidential information.
- Administrative skills.
- Experience as an Accounts Assistant
- AAT qualified
In return you will receive:
- Salary £20,000-£22,500
- Free onsite parking
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme