Finance Officer (Purchase Ledger)
Salary: £21,000 - £23,500
Location: Stockport, SK8
Agility is excited to be working with a national charity, who are looking for their next Finance Officer. The lucky candidate will be part of the Bursary team and will report into the Management Accountant and Director of Finance. They will be producing accurate and timely financial information to support the work of the Directors, Senior Leadership Team and Budget Holders across the Charity.
The responsibilities include:
- To post invoices to the purchase ledger, using the Sicon purchase order processing system which is linked to Sage.
- Ensure that invoices are only posted if there is an authorized order on Sicon and, where orders have not been raised, to contact the relevant teams to request that they take corrective action.
- When required, to coach and train staff on using the Sicon system and to act as the responsible point of contact for all issues connected with Sicon.
- To take responsibility for liaising with the Sicon support team to resolve any problems and agreeing with line managers any proposed solutions. When required to liaise with IT department so that upgrades and software issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- To operate, maintain and reconcile monthly the Purchase Ledger, posting all authorized invoices on to the system.
- To reconcile the purchase order processing each month.
- To create the suppliers' BACS payment list for approval 3 times a month and make the BACS payments once approved.
- To assist the Management Accountant on an ad hoc basis with any aspects of the trading subsidiary's accounts once it is established.
- To undertake general administrative duties relating to finance matters and to be part of a team, helping any member of the Bursary team with reasonable ad hoc tasks as required.
- AAT Level 2 (minimum)
- Previous Sicon experience would be beneficial
In return you'll receive:
- Holiday Entitlement: 25 days pro rata plus public holiday allowance
- Benefits: Membership of defined contribution pension scheme