Job Title: Credit Controller
Job type: Permanent
Agility is delighted to be working with a great housing association looking for their next credit controller. This role is reporting into the Income Manager.
- Review approximately 1400 former/current tenant accounts
- Understand & Identify housing benefit discrepancies, underpayment/overpayment
- Identify opening balance issues where write off may need applying or tenancy start dates & end dates need amending on the housing management systems in line with tenancy agreement & notice to quit
- Identify discrepancies with rent schedules & what the rent on the housing management system is generating
- Identify where there is HB shortfall not being paid by the tenant so the Income team can look to rectify
- Identify where utilities are paid by the tenant, but there is shortfall/overpayment
- Identify any gaps in payments; housing benefit or tenant related
- You will work closely with the Income Team who will support you with the follow up to Housing Benefit discrepancies & chase any tenant debt
- Produce detailed findings so that the accounts can be adjusted accordingly
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft packages.
- Previous experience with reconciling accounts
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate well within team meetings and be an active member of the department.
- The ability to complete tasks often within short timescales
- The ability to deal with sometimes difficult queries and see them through to the end, liaising with management when necessary and reporting back to them with outcomes.
IN RETURN YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Salary: £25,000
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
- Discounted lunches
- Free onsite parking