Due to retirement a growing construction company are looking to recruit a Qualified Accountant who can take the reigns as Company Accountant.
With a direct reporting line to the Finance Director you will manage a small team and be a pivotal part of the ongoing growth of the oranganisation.
Duties will include :
- Production of monthly management accounts for two out of five companies within the group with responsibility for all financial transactions including Balance sheet reconciliations and maintenance of fixed asset registers.
- Raise and review inter-company invoices and reconcile all inter-company balances.
- Liaising with the civil engineering project team, attending meetings and ensuring the accurate reporting for projects as well as highlighting any financial issues to senior management.
- Preparing & submitting monthly CIS returns, quarterly VAT returns and other HMRC and National Statistics requirements in a timely manner.
- Liaising with auditors, banks, HMRC and other external bodies.
- Processing supplier invoices and preparing BACS payment runs.
- Assisting the Financial Controller in the production of budgets and forecasts and assisting in any other financial requirements of the business.
Strong Excel skills will be a pre-requisite as well as sound and proven IT systems skills.
With a real opportunity to progress to board level the benefits reflect a position of the stature.