£20000 - £22000 per annum
Agility Resourcing is partnered a large manufacturing company based in Sheffield with 300+ staff and a large finance team who are looking to add a Graduate Management Accountant.
This role forms an integral part of the Management Accounts team and is responsible for assisting with preparing the monthly accounts of the UK businesses for review by senior management.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to train towards a full professional-level accounting qualification and the candidate will be expected to play a key part of his/her training and development.
Key role responsibilities
- Prepare and post a set of monthly general ledger journals to a tight deadline as part of the monthly accounts close process.
- Prepare month end review files to aid analysis on variance to budget.
- Review work completed to ensure postings are complete and accurate.
- Reconcile a portfolio of balance sheet accounts across the group on a timely basis every month.
- Work closely with the Commercial Finance team to help investigate any financial or reporting queries.
- Document procedures and assist in identifying and refining potential system and reporting improvements.
- Assist in the preparation of half-year and year-end group reporting packs and supporting schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of various national and international statutory and sales tax returns.
- Actively participate in own professional development and training, aiming to achieve full qualification.
Essential skills and experience
- Degree educated 2:1 minimum, Accounting & Finance related desirable.
- High attention to detail.
- Self-motivating and ability to use own initiative.
- Good Excel skills.