Role: Data Scientist
Hours: Full time 37.5 Hours
My client has an exciting opportunity is part of the mission to put data and insight at the core of the organisation.
You will define, deliver and implement powerful Advanced Analytics/Machine Learning/Statistical/Predictive Models to support the Head of Insight & Analytics and wider business.
This is an incredible opportunity for an individual who wants to use their skills to truly have a demonstrable impact.
- Work with Head of Insight & Analytics and stakeholders on the implementation, analysis and reporting of predictive and advanced analytics models.
- Be proactively involved in maximising the potential for advanced analytics in delivering actionable insight, business uplift and revenue enhancement.
- Own the performance and maintenance of your models in production.
- Ensure approach is sufficiently documented based on CRISP-DM or similar methodology.
- Deliver ad hoc analytical projects and / or research as required.
- Support the development of new data systems and processes and ensure these are utilised effectively within the team, identifying continual areas of improvement.
Experience and Skills:
- An excellent understanding of Advanced Analytics/Machine Learning/Statistical/Predictive modelling.
- Proven expertise regarding data models, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Demonstrable ability to successfully output value enhancing work with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience of complex querying of databases (Ideally Microsoft SQL) and data manipulation with significant volumes of data.
- Experience working with advanced analytical/data mining tools. I.e. IBM SPSS Modeller, KMIME, R, SAS or similar (Ideally IBM SPSS Modeller).
- Flexible and responsive with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- A PhD (preferably) or MSc in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or a similarly quantitative field.
- Solid tech knowledge including Python/R/SQL/Data storage understanding/ETL Processes
- Experience in a commercial, transaction focused environment (Online Gaming a plus).
If you are interested in this role please contact John Devlin at Agility Resourcing.
Please note due to the large volume of applications we receive for these roles, if we have not contacted you within 7 days then unfortunately your application hasn't been successful, however we may contact you regarding other roles. We're sorry we can't contact you directly but we wish you all the best in your job search.