Unique opportunity to join a well established, Lancaster based company who are in a position to recruit a Cost Accountant. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will have previous eperience in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of costing and analysis would be an advantage.
Duties will include
- Maintaining product cost structures and producing meaningful cost variance analysis.
- Developing and maintaining rolling stock forecasts and identifying variances.
- Developing and producing labour productivity reports, analysing and identifying key variances.
- Preparing of monthly stock and Cost of Sales data, recording of month-end inventory cut-off tests.
- Updating standard costs for materials, labour and overheads, analysing variances between actual and standard cost.
- Assisting with analysis of Contribution Margin against customer quotation, tracking movements and reconciling back to original business case.
- Assisting with reporting of the financial performance of Continuous Improvement projects
- Preparation of monthly management report in conjunction with FC
- Production and analysis of machine and operator efficiency in conjunction with the Production manager
- Production of sales reports to support the business development teams
The ideal candidatae will be either newly qualified or Qualified by Experience candidates would also be considered. You will have strong IT skills including confidence in using bespok systems long with strong Excel Skills.