FINANCIAL CONTROLLER Circa £47,000 pa + benefits
I am working with one of our key clients who are seeking an experienced Finance Professional to undertake all aspects of financial management of the company, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, and to work closely with the General Manager and operational staff to maintain accurate product costings and to improve profitability by identifying, and tackling, inefficiencies and waste in the production cycle.
The successful person will be a key part of the management team and will be involved at a strategic level within the company and the Group's Corporate Team at the monthly management meetings.
- Qualified accountant CIMA with experience in a similar role in a logistics environment would be desirable.
- A proven track record of driving improvements and cost savings in production.
- The desire to want to make improvements and the tenacity to drive them through.
- A willingness to take a hands-on approach and get out on the shop floor to see what is really happening.
- Product costing experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and commercial skills.
- Solid technical ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience of foreign currency transactions and foreign currency bank and ledger management.
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables.
- Experience of SAP systems.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all financial operations of the company including reporting, invoicing, cash management, stock control, sales ledger, purchase ledger, nominal ledger and fixed assets.
- Provide financial and commercial support to the General Manager.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting and ensure the integrity of the ledgers and associated systems.
- Ensure the nominal ledger is accurate and that all relevant nominal ledger accounts are reconciled each month.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly management accounts. Investigate and report variances.
- Prepare year-end accounts and audit pack.
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly financial forecasts.
- Manage the Finance Department to ensure the resource available is utilised as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Work closely with the General Manager, Group Cost Accountant and operational staff to ensure all products have accurate and up to date Manufacturing Instructions and Bills Of Materials.
- Continuous monitoring and auditing of sales prices and margins, both quoted and actual.
- Publish daily/weekly/monthly production profitability, yield, variance reports etc. to improve the information available to support decision making. Use the reports to identify, and implement, improvements to increase profit margins, improve efficiencies, reduce waste etc.
- Ensure that financial controls are in place across the factory and are adhered to.
- Take control of stock management, recording and reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all tax and regulatory issues.
- Be the main point of contact to external auditors and provide all required information.
- Work closely with the Financial Controller of the company's subsidiary.