£44000 - £45000 per annum
Regulations and Compliance Manager - Energy
Circa £44,000 DoE
Working for one of the most progressive energy companies in the North West you will manage the Regulation and Compliance team ensuring that the company understands and meets its obligations under the supply licence conditions, GDPR and other legal requirements.
As a fast growing business, they need someone who can make sure they keep on track of regulatory changes that will impact on the energy market to remain compliant with all regulations but still be agile and innovative. Compliance work will require monitoring the activities across the business and its business partners to ensure that they meet the relevant obligations.
- Responsible for ensuring the policies, procedures, guidelines, infrastructures,Systems and processes of the organisation meet and continue to meet the applicable statutory, regulatory and compliance requirements. ·
- Keep in line with the ISP27001, ISO 27005 and BS7858 standards
- Manager the company's risk processes, assessments and register
- Support in administering the statutory, regulatory and compliance requirements, including compiling responses to regulators.
- Responsible for the internal compliance monitoring processes and ensuring audits are conducted on a timely basis. Key holder of audit monitoring log.
- Responsible for the resolution of regulatory and compliance issues and driving continuous quality improvement. Providing staff training when necessary.
- To keep abreast of the latest developments with regard to the OFGEM, Elexon,
- GDPR and any other relevant regulators, including updating the team on any
- changes to legislation.
- Manage document control requests in accordance quality department operating
- Build and manage key relationships with OFGEM, BEIS and the ICO
- Support internal teams to maintain compliance with existing regulations and
- manage key regulatory changes, ensuring effective implementation across the
- Manage Elexon & SEC external auditing of the Supply business to include driving
- the regulatory audit process to include creating any necessary documentation and
- check lists.
- Manage responses to all consultations and RFIs from OFGEM, BEIS, Citizens Advice, and Which
- Provide / develop the appropriate analysis, including economic analysis relating to policy responses to RFIs/consultations and proposed changes to regulatory policy that impact the business
- Lead and develop responses and appropriate mitigating actions (where required)
- on any enforcement related activities
- Support the training manager to design compliance training for Energy business
- Develop a robust compliance monitoring process ensuring compliance audits are
- carried out, and issues are resolved
- Create the appropriate suite of compliance policies for Energy business
- Manage the internal ISMS System
- Degree or equivalent level of educational attainment - essential
- Evidence of continuing professional development - essential
- Knowledge of risk and governance processes, procedures, methodologies & statistical techniques.
- Good understanding of wider governance agenda
- Worked in the industry in a similar role
- A proven track record on successfully implementing policies and processes to
- ensure compliance
- Ability to digest complex information and shape it into a structured, coherent,written argument
- A logical approach to problems and committed to developing solutions to regulatory compliance challenges
- A keen eye for detail, with a desire for continuous process improvement
- The flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment within a small company
- Developed a network across the industry with other participants, trade bodies,regulators and policy makers
- Compliance: 3 years (Required)
- Working in the Energy industry in a similar role: 3 years (Required)