A newly created role has been created by a large growing leisure company based in Preston with great commuter links to the motorway. Reporting to an ex Big 4 Financial Controller this will be a great move for a recently qualified Accountant who is keen to progress their career.
Duties will include preparation of monthly management accounts and reporting of figures to senior management.
- Input and validation of monthly management accounts information
- Support the daily requirements of the finance function.
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate and adequate accounting controls
- Analysis and communication of variances to budget holders within the business.
- Process & analyse electronic data to provide management information along with interpretation/commentary in a variety of business areas such as profit by customer, volumes etc.
- Preparation of weekly flash P&L reporting
- To both lead and participate within any 'finance related' projects as required, e.g. introduction of new finance software, financial modelling.
- Prepare annual budget / reforecast
- Review financial software regularly to ensure accuracy of financial position being reported.
- Preparation of information and handling of any queries related to the annual audit.
- Preparation of the monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
The ideal candidate will be recently qualified ACCA / CIMA and 1st time movers from mid-tier firms will be also considered. Without doubt this will give the successful candidate a real opportunity to grow their career with potential succession planning opportunity potential in the future.