Exciting opportunity to join a busy,, successful Finance team in Kendal. Reporting to the FC you will be responsible for the management of the Credit Control and Invoicing team.
You will be responsible for :
- To maximize revenues by establishing and maintaining processes to achieve full monthly invoicing of completed jobs within a SOX compliant and best practice environment
- Responsibility to manage resources to ensure the company meets deadlines for month end cut-off
- Ensure accrued revenues convert into sales invoices as efficiently as possible to ensure we are controlling the company DSO days
- Establish processes and maintain accurate collation of job costs through efficient and consistent job charge entry, project time sheet entry, technician expenses and weekly timesheets, ensuring that these are allocated within the relevant financial month
- Ensure all credit control areas are being reviewed on a regular basis and action any problematic invoices to reduce company debtors. Ensuring payment dates are challenged when they do not comply with agreed credit terms
- Ensuring the credit control ledger is regularly distributed to operational management (at least fortnightly) with any problem accounts being highlighted on a more regular basis
Previous experience managing a team is a must as are great communication skills. Strong Excel skills will be required (V Lookups, SUMifs) and an understanding of VAT would be desirable.