Windermere , Cumbria
Salary £33,000 - £35,000 pro-rata 24 hours per week flexible
The role of the HR manager is to originate and lead human resources practices and objectives. To create an employee-orientated, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the development of processes that support the achievement of the organisations business goals.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Working closely with all departments to assist line managers in understanding and implementing policies and procedures
- Recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Preparing staff handbooks
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
- Negotiating with staff and their representatives on issues relating to pay and conditions
- Undertaking regular salary reviews
- Interpreting and advising on employment law
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Planning and sometimes delivering training - including inductions for new staff
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
- Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety.
- Management of all relevant documentation
- To support other departments within the hotel when required
- To organise own time off in conjunction with the General Manager
- To ensure that holidays are taken subject to the needs of the business and not carried forward
- Ensure all documentation is completed to the agreed standard and timescale and given to the General Manager
- To report, and where possible take actions for, any incidences of fire, damage, loss, breakdown or other occurrences
- Attend any necessary meetings with the General Manager and other department heads
- Recommend improvements, which you believe would help grow our business and sustain our position in the market
This is a fantastic opportunity for first time HR Manager , for a confidential call please call Peter on 01772 278078 .