I am currently recruiting for a reputable business located near Wigan who are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join their exciting journey. The business has a current turnover of 55 million with huge growth plans in place. As the successful candidate you will relish building relationships with the business and be a brilliant communicator, able to speak to colleagues clearly and adept at making technical information easily digestible.
Key duties of the Finance Analyst will include:
- The Data Analyst will be responsible for data analysis and produce analytical reports.
- Feeding analysis and briefings into management meetings and the ability to understand the meaning and use of the data, as well as analyse the data quality.
- Perform duties such as collecting, parsing, tagging, analysing, mapping, managing, and visualizing large sets of data
- Solve business problems, determining patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data, coming up with analytics strategies and solutions.
- Acquire, incorporate, interpret, analyse and explain data acquired for the project deliverables
- Communicate data findings, issue, logic applied
- Develop solutions to improve data usability and manageability
- Prepare documentation which captures data acquired, logic applied (e.g. inclusions, exclusions), methodologies, etc.
- Filter and "clean" data to ensure data is consistent, aggregated and usable
- Pro-actively assist project manager and work stream leads in the management and resolution of issues & risks
The successful candidate:
- The ability to analyse, evaluate and interpret commercial and financial data would be a plus, as would any past experience of using financial accounting systems.
- Ideally you will have a masters, 1st or 2:1 in a numerically orientated degree. Also experience within a similar role would be highly desirable.
If this is something that interests you, please contact Sam Fish on 01772 278078 or apply direct.