Reporting directly to the Board of Directors a growing Preston based company are now looking to appoint a Finance Manager in a newly created position to support their next phase of business growth.
- Oversee and monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Preparation of monthly management reports and supporting notes
- Review financial data on a monthly and annual basis and liaising with senior management
- Monthly reconciliation of control account balances for stock, sales ledgers, bank accounts, purchase ledgers and tax accounts
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- The preparation of UK VAT and related Tax returns
- Oversee the accurate updating of accounting records from the information and documentation made available using QuickBooks/Sage
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior management to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Preparation of weekly cashflow forecast
- Oversee the financial department's administrative assistant
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Liaise with external accountants and tax advisers
Ideally you will be a Qualified Accountant with strong finance management experience (although QBE candidates will be considered) have strong IT skills with an emphasis on financial systems, spreadsheets, SAGE, QuickBooks and Excel.
As this is a Senior Appointment candidates will be expected to liaise at all levels including operational / non financial personel. This is an urgent appointment so candidates who are available for an immediate start are of real interest.