A leading service provider based in Blackburn (with great commuter links) are looking to recruit an Assistant Mangement Accountant. This role reports into the Senior Management Accountant and this role will have responsibility for the preparation of the profit & loss account, balance sheet reconciliations and detailed reporting relating to revenues and costs on a monthly basis.
- Timely monthly completion of the company management accounts with responsibility for reviewing the general ledger - to include: making accruals, correcting coding, reviewing the purchase order, depreciation and prepayments models prior to posting by Accounts Payable into the general ledger to ensure accurate accounting of costs.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed departmental cost schedules in order to track and understand actual costs versus budget and revised
- Ensure budget holders are fully informed of their spend against budget and revised forecast including the preparation of monthly P&L's and assisting with ad hoc cost queries.
- Maintain detailed revenue schedules analysing variances to budget and providing summarised information for management decision making
- Attend monthly meetings with budget-holders to ensure effective two-way communication regarding budgets
- Proactively review the company's cost base, performing detailed analysis and recommending
- Responsible for running and checking the P&L, Balance Sheet and Trial Balance each month in order to ensure all figures balance and are
- Preparation of the Profit & Loss schedules for Board and Finance Committee
- Completion of owned balance sheet reconciliations and schedules ensuring any variances are fully investigated and adjustments made
- Assist with preparing budget templates and analysis to support budget review
Up to 12 months expericne working in a finance focussed enviroment.
Ideally at a Part Qualfied level in ACCA/CIMA
Strong Excel Skills