Salary: £20,000 - £22,000
Hours: Full time, 9am - 5pm
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a retail company to become a Trainee Data Scientist. Working in a team of 10 you will work closely with the IT Director. Looking for someone who is organised and who loves analysing large sets of data to spot opportunities to exploit the opportunities presented within the data.
- Work closely with your manager to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports
- Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
- Create clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business
- Conduct research from which you'll develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organisation (for example in the HR and marketing departments)
- Use algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work.
- Must have a 2:1 or above in Business / Maths / Economics
- Good Excel skills being able to do Pivot tables, VLOOKUP's, formulas
- The tenacity to makes sure deadlines are met, even getting involved in other department if need be.
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Interested in learning programming languages such as R and Python.
Please contact John Devlin at Agility Resourcing for further details