Economics and Analysis Officer
£38698.00 pa 2-year contract
27 days holiday, flexible working, access to the local government pension scheme, salary sacrifice benefits, including free Travel Pass, based in Manchester, M1 3BN
We are looking for a talented and passionate Economic Analysis Officer with strong quantitive skills specifically in data analysis and evidence assessment. You will need to be proficient in the completion of high-quality strategic analysis.
Proven experience in the production of high-quality research and knowledge of commissioning external research is essential as are strong communication skills and the ability to influence others using complex information and a variety of data sources.
Candidates must possess a highly numerate degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience.
- Undertake strategic analysis, selecting relevant information and applying specialist techniques to identify themes to be used in the development of strategy and policy, or technical designs.
- As an Economic Analysis Officer, you will evaluative research and keep up to date with advancements within own field to ensure that leading thinking and technologies are applied to technical tools, techniques and processes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners internal and external to improve collaborative working and ensure activities are aligned with those of other bodies across the North of England.
- Develop, maintain and build an approach to monitoring, evaluation and feedback to ensure effective methods are put in place to track the impact of our Strategic Plan (SP) both in terms of short/medium term direct transport benefits and the 'wider' benefits.
- Support the creation of a baseline of lagging and leading indicators to ensure we have a base against which to measure the short, medium and long-term progress against the SP objectives.
- As directed undertake retrospective case studies of completed schemes and baseline studies of planned schemes to allow early review of the proposed monitoring and evaluation process and identify any areas for improvement.
- Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience.
- Professional qualification or equivalent experience.
- Strong quantitative skills; specifically, data analysis and evidence assessment.
- Previous experience in the completion of high-quality strategic analysis.
- Production of high-quality research with experience of commissioning external research.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence others using complex information and a variety of data sources.
- Effective communication of complex economic and technical issues to non- analytical audiences.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of projects.
If you believe you have the skills and experience, we're looking for please apply online at ensuring that in your application you provide evidence in the form of specific examples of how you meet the essential criteria in the role profile.
With over 10 years commercial experience in data analysis I specialise in helping you meet your career goals for a confidential chat or to receive more information please give me call on 07928592504
Please note if we have not contacted you within 7 days unfortunately your application hasn't been successful. We may however contact you regarding other roles we feel are of interest in the future. By proceeding with this application, you are consenting to Agility Resourcing Limited's collection of your personal information and handling of that information.