Junior Business Analyst - Liverpool
We have an opening for a creative junior business analyst with a knack for business process, numbers and data analytics. Helping deliver solutions to large and small international trading companies, financial institutions and trade organizations. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with commodity and finance thought-leaders, global trading organisations, leading-edge technology and a focused and fast-growing company.
- Assist with pre-sales effort, demonstrations and preparing scenarios and scripts
- Identify fits and gaps and liaise between project stakeholders to align expectations with a common focused goal.
- Assist with the implementation process. Developing and managing the implementation project plan and other project documents (risk register, action log, scorecard etc)
- Work with clients in a consultative capacity to formulate best-fit solutions to often complex and challenging problems.
- Work with product managers and project stakeholders to understand requirements translating the business needs into user stories that can be understood by the software engineers.
- Keep clients up to date with progress
- Ensure user stories meet the business objectives of the stakeholders
- Participate in user story reviews with the development team
- Participate in Sprint Reviews of software produced during the sprint to ensure the requirements were interpreted correctly
- Assist in the user experience design of the software products
- Participate in testing of the software produced during the sprint in order to verify the work product meets the business objectives, as well as documenting any defects or issues.
- Participate in Sprint Planning to answer questions from the development team and understand the implementation of the user stories
- Assist in the troubleshooting of production related to customer issues
- Update and review product documentation for accuracy
- Assist with on-site training, documentation and support
- Manage changes to requirements or scope creep through effective change management processes
- Fielding questions from the internal software implementation, training and support teams
- BA, BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- Excellent listening skills to understand and interpret customer and stakeholder responses.
- Excellent numeracy, writing and presentation skills
- Strong facilitation skills to lead requirements and user story sessions.
- Strong interpersonal skills to help negotiate priorities and resolve conflicts amongst project stakeholders.
- Strong analytical capabilities, to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose requirements into lower level details, and distinguish true business needs from proposed implementations or user requests.
- Experience with user acceptance testing of a software solution and/or auditing and/or commodity trading
Immediate start available please contact John Devlin for more information
Please note due to the large volume of applications we receive for these roles, if we have not contacted you within 7 days then, unfortunately, your application hasn't been successful, however, we may contact you regarding other roles. We're sorry we can't contact you directly but we wish you all the best in your job search.