Newton le Willows
One of the UK's largest independently owned companies specialising in facility management and security. They are considered to be the gold standard of the industry.
Due to promotion they are now seeking a Commercial Manager to be part of the success story.
What the role is:
The control and commercial management of the business
What we need from you - skill base requirements:
- Professional Commercial Manager with proven ability (minimum 3 years+) with appropriate and relevant commercial qualifications a distinct advantage.
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and customers as well as experience in costing and analysing data.
- PC literate with intermediate MS Office level skills, in particular a master excel user for this role
- Communicates professionally well (written and verbally) at a number of business levels
- A hardworking self-starter to hit the ground running who is calm and disciplined with a logical approach, a stickler for the detail, a "can do" attitude and with strong analytical and engagement skills
- Strong organisation, planning and time management skills with high attention to detail and an ability to plan, prioritise and adapt to meet timescales and deadlines
- Can work autonomously and as part of a team
- Motivated to drive your own personal development and willing to develop new skills and undertake responsibility.
- Evidence of achieving results
What you will be doing and how to achieve success
COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT - HOW:
- Be the commercial specialist by understanding the entire business, services and the commercial granular detail for each contract.
- Implement robust commercial governance and processes and oversee compliance (how we do business - commercials)
- Tenders & Retenders - 10%
- Create commercial models (compliant and alternative)
- Input and cross check input including TUPE data
- Import into customer or appropriate costing templates
- Annual reviews legislative & annual
- Maintaining a review calendar
- Process and control
- Contractual, inflation & legislation
- SA07 - variations to contracts - 20%
- Control pay, charge & hours processing
- Commercial checks / balances / audits / recovery plans including monthly margin reviews & NBE (New Business Enquiry input checks (pay, charge and hours)
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT (small team) - HOW:
- Recruit and implement the appropriate skill set and headcount structure to be competent, compliant, confident and empowered
- Colleague retention through excellent support, performance and target appraisals and personal development to enhance their skill set
- Manage, motivate and coaching to develop others and lead from the front
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITES (small team) - HOW:
- Regular personal performance progress reporting (monthly) against Job Description and appropriate commercial business reporting