£18000 - £24000 per annum + study package
United Kingdom,--Newcastle upon Tyne
My Client is an accounts practice looking for a recent graduate to join their tax department. Working as a Trainee Tax Adviser you'll gain knowledge of tax legislation to provide advisory and consultancy services to clients, ensuring that they pay their taxes in the most efficient way and benefit from any tax advantages and exemptions.
Duties will include assisting with:
- Researching, analysing and interpreting changing tax legislation in both the UK and overseas
- Meeting with clients and collating information
- Working with tax law and revenue provisions
- Preparing and submitting compliance (tax) returns by the deadline
- Liaising and negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) on behalf of the client
- Providing consultancy services to high value private clients
- Creating tax strategies for clients and planning their financial futures
- Carrying out detailed computations to calculate tax liability and advising on how to minimise a client's liability
- Providing guidance on indirect taxation issues such as VAT, customs planning and environmental taxes
- Producing reports and presentations for clients.
Your key skills should include:
- Must have a 2:1 or above in Accountancy & Finance, Maths, Economics or a numeric based degree
- Competent IT skills especially on Excel including using a wide range of functions and formulas, creating pivot tables.
- Accurate with good attention to detail is essential for this role given the responsibility of checking payment details
- An ability to pick up and understand systems and processes easily
- Be able to take responsibility for your tasks and deliver to deadlines without prompting
- Good at juggling tasks and prioritising
- A good team player
- Show initiative
Benefits of this job:
- Fantastic opportunity to progress - ATT/CTA study support will be given after a qualifying period.
- 33 days' holiday
- Free car parking
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity based in Newcastle, please contact Sam Fish at Agility Resourcing on 01772 278078 or apply direct with an updated CV.