Senior Data Analyst x 3
£39331.00 - £48690.00 DOE
Agility are working on 3 Senior Analyst positions for one of Manchester's most respected companies.
The position as a Senior Officer of the team you will be required to deliver information, data, analysis, modelling and appraisal solutions that aid others in the production of recommendations/outputs applying technical expertise and to deliver a programme of data, analysis, modelling and appraisal services.
You will be expected to collaborate with others to deliver outcomes and will contribute to the improvement of existing processes and procedures.
If you are successful, your activities will help grow their capabilities within the Analytical Framework focused on supporting existing and emerging programmes. This requires a range of analytical techniques: from acquiring and storing spatially enabled data on contemporary data analytics platforms; to undertaking geo-spatial data analytics and statistical analysis; through to exploring problems, appraising options and providing objective advice.
You will enjoy coaching, mentoring and/or supervising internal technical specialists or external contractors, sharing knowledge and experience to contribute to colleagues' technical development, and provide guidance to strengthen individual and team capability.
- Manage the delivery of work projects to meet customer needs and expectations, adapting and amending work scope or timelines where required, in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Undertake strategic analysis, selecting relevant information and applying specialist techniques to identify themes to be used in the development of strategy and policy, or technical designs.
- Conduct evaluative research and keep up to date with advancements within own field to ensure that leading thinking and technologies are applied to technical tools, techniques and processes.
- Represent team/department/function on projects by providing technical support, or manage complex project work stream to ensure the project has the technical inputs it requires.
- Research best practice in own area of expertise, and review and analyse detailed business models to support senior management in developing and improving policies, processes and systems relevant to own area.
- Ensure team members work within standards, policies and procedures, and identify potential compliance issues, in order to deliver work in a compliant manner.
- May carry responsibility for a specific budget, fulfilling financial management requirements and ensuring the effective use of financial resources within budget.
- Represent the organisation at external forums, in order to keep up-to-date with best practice within technical discipline and ensure the business is aware of any relevant external issues.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners internal and external to improve collaborative working and ensure activities are aligned with those of other bodies across the North of England.
- Design and development of database systems
- Statistical modelling and bespoke analysis
- Development and analysis of Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Undertaking trend-based analysis
- Analysing survey data
- Scripting and batching analysis
- Working in collaborative and agile ways
- Understand agile principles and processes.
- Integrated approach to data analytics and modelling
- Corporate capabilities on modelling
- Monitor key technical developments and guidelines to ensure data analytics and modelling is fit-for-purpose.
- Continually assess current skills and tools, and where appropriate ensure that new capabilities are acquired. Share new skills and knowledge across the directorate.
- Produce high quality reports and presentations for technical and 'lay' audiences, summarising complex data analytics and modelling.
For an informal chat please call Peter on 01772 278078