£3000 - £30000 per annum + pension , bonus, BUPA
Corporate Responsibility Manage
Liverpool City Centre
Are you passionate about Corporate Social Responsibility and have a desire to make a difference, then this may be the job for you? Working in a vibrant team you will head up the CSR for the group that over 200 years of heritage behind them and are determined to make an impact.
You will have complete autonomy to set up and implement the company's corporate responsibility programme across the firm. This will involve creating governance structures, setting up and driving forward the four main workstreams with support from internal teams and prepare regular reports for the executive committee.
- Review and assess the proposed three-year sustainability programme for the organisation
- Implement organizational process or policy changes.
- Develop sustainable organizational policies or practices
- Develop strong and collaborative internal relationships to form a sustainability team.
- Create and manage governance arrangements for sustainability and ensure appropriate reporting across the organisation. Agree terms of reference, mandate and authority levels.
- Ensure effective communication of sustainability efforts internally and externally with the main goal of preparing a sustainability report over a three-year period.
- Use sustainability data effectively and to drive change across the organisation. Develop and execute strategies to address issues such as energy use, recycling, pollution reduction, waste elimination, transportation.
- Create an environmental strategy to improve the firm's credentials and set future emissions targets for the next three years. Manage external reporting on climate matters and improve the firm's scoring.
- Research environmental sustainability issues, concerns, or stakeholder interests.
- Encourage and support employees volunteering on sustainability projects.
- Develop methodologies to assess the viability or success of sustainability initiatives. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of sustainability programs.
- Manage outreach activities.
- Identify relevant external certification standards and industry bodies and coordinate the company's an achievement/ membership of those the business deems relevant
- Identify educational, training, or other development opportunities for sustainability employees or volunteers.
- Develop sustainability reports, presentations, or proposals for a supplier, employee, academia, media, government, public interest, or other groups.
- Evaluate green operations or programs for compliance with standards or regulations.
- Strong experience in implementing corporate responsibility programmes in the financial services industry
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Staying calm under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong interpersonal skills, with experience of dealing with senior internal and external contacts.
- Good stakeholder management
For an informal chat please call Peter on 01772 278078 .