This role is responsible for analysing the costs attributed to the Research & Development projects, the submission of the R&D reports and relevant other amendments required to ensure the R&D claims are processed in line with HMRC legislation and guidelines. Ensuring the client receives all benefit that is due and is obtained within HMRC guidelines and appropriate to the client's expectations.
The Senior Tax Analyst is the main source of R&D cost and finance knowledge for the Tax Analysts
and rest of the R&D Ops team and company.
- Responsible for the creation and recording of training for new Tax Analyss - this should be in line with HMRC legislation, company processes and the company values, as well as adapting for the individual's needs and development level with the key aim that they are competent in all areas of the role.
- Excellent knowledge of the HMRC legislation and guidelines within which the company and role operates.
- Completing cost summaries and tax return submissions/amendments in a way which follows company processes, expectations and checks to maximise client benefit, accuracy and due diligence.
- As the main source of R&D cost and finance knowledge for the TAs and rest of the RD Ops team and company the STA will be required to create and conduct induction and specific training on the R&D cost and finance topics as per requests.
- Conducting and feeding back quality reviews to the TA and HORDO. Responsible for identifying necessary areas of strength or development within the quality reviews.
- Understands the company's objectives and priorities, and how own work fits into these.
- Plans and organises tasks and workload effectively, taking a structured and methodical approach to achieving outcomes.
- The TA should work quickly to communicate any department or individual issues with other TAs (if appropriate) and management to ensure all the team is aware of the risk.
- Working towards agreed daily, weekly and monthly individual/ team targets to meet the annual Company revenue target
- Client visits will be required, on occasion where appropriate, as part of claim reviews and customer service meetings in line with commercial opportunities.
The benefits we advertise on our benefit are:
- 25 days holiday
- Dress-down Friday
- Free drinks on Friday afternoon
- Free breakfast on a Friday
- Great parties
- Employee awards/rewards
- Annual bonus scheme
- Generous training/development budgets
To find out more about this role please apply with your most up to date CV.