£45000 - £50000 per annum + Plus , bonus,Pension,Free Parking +++
R&D Tax Team Manager (Leadership Position)
Manchester OTE circa £50,000 pa
An opportunity has arisen to join one of Manchester's most well-respected and innovative Tax Practises as an R&D Tax Team Manager.
As an experienced Tax Manager, you will have responsibility for a team of 8 and coordinate the work and delivery of the teams Tax Analysts and Group Tax Consultants in line with company policies and strategic objectives. You will monitor the teams work to ensure they consistently deliver a first-class client service and a high quality, efficient working environment meeting all deadlines and SLA's.
You will confident in driving the performance of the team and delivering the annual business plan revenue, be involved in recruitment for your team and develop staff within the team and identify requirements for resource or efficiency improvements.
Agility have placed several candidates with this company over the years and we are delighted to say that they are all still there and enjoying the great environment and ethos of the company and gained promotion.
- A full personal commitment in terms of time and effort needed to deliver the responsibilities of the role
- Strong decision making, based on fully interrogated facts
- A strong attention to detail, ensuring accurate information is provided to the Head of R&D Operations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written at all levels of the organisation
- A strong technical knowledge of R&D guideline and legislation to provide expert knowledge and decision-making as and when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a collaborative management style and commitment to get the job done
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to prioritise multiple workstreams and be adaptable to respond to business needs
- Have a thoughtful and considered approach when delivering change
- Directly manage team performance on a day to day basis in line with KPIs
- Provide clear reporting v KPI's for the Head of R&D Operations on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Conduct regular team meetings and one to one meeting with the team
- Prepare monthly reports and plans for improvement to the Head of R&D Operations
- Implement appropriate quality assurance measures to ensure the highest standards and to minimise errors within the department
- Improve the capabilities of the team by providing appropriate coaching and training
- Performance manage the team, including managing poor performance using the policies and procedures available to you
- Constantly review and consider ways to improve processes within the department
- Ensure a proactive approach to maximise the value of R&D claims, and explore relevant general tax related opportunities
- Keep up to date with changes to relevant tax legislation
For a confidential chat please call Peter on 01772 278078