I am working with a high street name who are looking to recruit an HR & Payroll Advisor reporting directly to the Finance Director.
You will be utilising your expertise in policy writing, payroll, onboarding of employees, and succession planning to improve the full life cycle of its' employees. The role requires a comprehensive HR background as well as confident and competent payroll.
Applicants should have a minimum of 2 years HR and payroll experience, with a friendly and personable nature. Previous HR and Payroll experience is essential, as the HR & Payroll Assistant role will be a unique and stand-alone position. You will be a strong personality who can hold their own, and guide and influence Management. You must have the confidence and ability to challenge and impact internal decision making.
The ideal candidate will have a CIPD Level 5 or be working towards this and have ideally come from an autonomous or stand-alone position previously.
- Deal with all first line queries for HR, escalating when required, ensuring we as team deliver great service
- Working closely with various departments, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
- Maintaining employee records
- Interpreting and advising on employment law
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
- Support and advise employees on various issues.
- Ensuring accurate recording of changes to contracts across the business.
- Complete all HR letters such as disciplinary, amendment to terms and conditions, reference letters, etc.
- HR Policy & procedures
- Participate in HR projects when required.
- Attend meetings and note take when required (some travel required)
- Ensure compliance with right to work policy
- Management of Personnel Data and all HR compliance.
- Processing the company payroll monthly, including;
- Administration of all HMRC documents (P45,P60, etc.)
- Attachment of earnings and other statutory additions and deductions
- Administration of company auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Contact point for HMRC and Pension advisers
- Administration of Company Benefits.
- Maintains payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
- Answers staff questions about wages, deductions, attendance, etc.
- Handles changes in exemptions, job status, and job titles
- Adheres to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves discrepancies in payroll records
- Honours confidentiality of employees' pay records
- Completes payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review