We are currently recruiting on the behalf of one of our largest clients in Liverpool for an IT Helpdesk Engineer.
This is a technical and end user-facing role directly supporting the operation IT Business Services and assisting in the deployment of IT Business Services.
The IT Business Services include all the user-facing IT systems and applications which are used to manage and operate the wider business. This includes desktop and personal hardware, software, line of business applications and enterprise applications.
Your day to day will consist of…
- Provide support at all levels to all users of the IT Business Services
- Log and resolve incidents, service requests, problems and changes through to a satisfactory resolution in line with company procedures
- Provide ad-hoc user training for IT systems using existing knowledge or external support contracts
- Administer IT Business Services in line with company policy and procedure
- Suggest and implement improvements in existing IT systems and procedures
- Install and manage IT hardware and software as required by the business
- Complete assigned tasks to a high standard as part of the implementation and operation of IT Business Services
- Ensure that an adequate quantity of documentation is in place and that is it up to date such that, in the event of an absence, other staff can resolve common IT issues
What we want from you…
- Minimum 2:1 within a numerically based degree i.e. Maths, Computer Science, Business Studies
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office product suite, particularly Excel i.e. Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: SQL, R, Python, C++, Java
- If you have experience in an IT-focused role that would be great too
Please note due to the large volume of applications we receive for these roles, if we have not contacted you within 7 days then, unfortunately, your application hasn't been successful, however, we may contact you regarding other roles. We're sorry we can't contact you directly but we wish you all the best in your job search.