Opportunities like this are extremely rare so this is an exciting opportunity for a qualified and ambitious accountant to join a successful SME organisation based on the outskirts of Preston.
This role will suit an experienced candidate who has aspirations to succeed the existing FD who is looking to retire over the coming years. This role will appeal to someone who wants to develop their career to the next level as they will be required to work in an autonomous manner.
The role :
- Preparing monthly management accounts with a fast turnaround with support for month end and year end process
- Balance sheet reconciliations and submission of VAT & CIS returns.
- Weekly flash reporting.
- Management of KPIs to drive improvement focus, efficiencies, and activity within the business.
- Support in producing budgets and forecasts.
- Reviewing trends and developing insight to identify risks and opportunities.
- Identifying and resolving issues and report back in a professional and informative manner.
- Accurate financial reporting on capital expenditure.
- Implement significant improvements in accuracy and speed of reporting.
- Annual statutory accounts preparation and management of annual audits.
- Maintaining and updating fixed asset records.
- Managing Ledgers
- Dealing with Companies House and National Statistics returns.
- Providing cover for the account's administrator duties, including payroll, purchase & sales ledger administration.
- Work closely with Finance Director to deliver key projects across the Group.
On top of a highly attractive salary excellent company benefits are also available.