A newly created role has arisen for a growing company on the outskirts of Carlisle. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious accountant to take the next step on the career ladder. As Management Accountant you will be responsible for accounting assignments the group with specific focus on the production of management accounts packs by preparing and completing balance sheet reconciliations to production of commentary and monthly accounts.
Primary duties as Management Accountant will be :
- Preparing monthly financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, periodic budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Preparation and review of accounting entries for input to the management accounts including Capex and Depreciation, Accruals & Prepayments, Loan and HP calculations
- Reviewing and checking the Fixed Assets and Inventory system locations and calculations
- Reconciliation of bank, VAT, and balance sheet for associated companies
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions, particularly interpretation of financial information for non financial managers
- Assisting in the preparation, monitoring, and reporting budgets and financial forecasts and working with the departmental managers to ensure that spend is kept in line
- Improving the accuracy of cash flow forecasting
- Correctly recognising and balancing intercompany accounts
- Improving turnaround times for month end processing
- Improving quality of information provided for year end
- Supporting the Finance team and providing cover for other team members
- Demonstrating understanding of double entry bookkeeping and accounting standards when posting entries and resolving problems
A study support package will be available if required and the successful candidate can expect great mentorship along with superb benefits package.