I am delighted to be working with a long-established client who is still growing
and developing unique infrastructure solutions.
They are seeking a Lead Risk Manager acting as a trusted advisor, providing
recommendations and challenges to senior management to guide decision-
making on matters that affect the strategic direction
You will be expected to contribute to the development of strategic objectives and
- Deliver an effective and efficient Risk Management Service
- Take responsibility for the delivery of an effective and professional Risk Management service
- Successfully manage pressure to meet deadlines resulting from changing priorities.
- Actively consider new and innovative ways of working and seek continuous improvement in the delivery of the service.
- Maintain and implement the Risk Management framework
- Embed a robust risk management strategy and framework throughout the group.
- Ensure that the risk management strategy and framework support the groups' policies, aims and objectives. With risk management practices and processes integrated into business planning and mainstreamed across all service areas to support the successful delivery of key business priorities.
- Lead on the development, implementation and regular review of risk management methodology, processes, procedures, and practices.
- Effectively communicate and promote good risk management practice to all staff and provide advice and assistance.
- Work closely with Project/Programme Managers in the effective management of project and programme risks and issues following PMP and Programme Management procedures.
- Assurance of Risk Management processes
- Monitor and regularly review the effectiveness of the Risk Management Strategy and ensure that the Group can demonstrate sound corporate governance in its management of risk.
- Liaise closely with Internal Audit to contribute to risk-based Audit planning and supporting relevant Audits.
- Identify, assess, and respond to risk using agreed methodology
- Apply a range of risk identification techniques to aid risk identification.
- Identifying and apply best practice
- Be knowledgeable in risk management best practice through contact with other practitioners and membership of external bodies and keep up to date with trends and developments in technology, products, and services, and to apply that knowledge in the management of the Groups risks.
On offer is a flexible working location Flexible across the North of England, but with a
the requirement to regularly work from our office in Manchester.
Industry-leading salary upto £74,433 per annum (Cost of Living Award Pending) FT
£350 / £450 per day Fixed term contract until March 2022