Are you an Accounts Assistant who currently dreads getting up and going to work? Getting out of bed seems impossible and constantly clock-watching as soon as you get through the door? Then it's time for a change. I am currently working with a large manufacturing firm that is looking to appoint their next accounts assistant, and that could be you!
The company started as a family-run small business back in 1999 and since then has taken off and now has over 150 employees! They pride themselves on their staff retention and the high-quality service that they give their customers.
The role itself:
- Oversee the credit application process for customers and administer new supplier applications for the business.
- Prepare and complete month-end processes to assist in the monthly management accounts process; journals, accruals, prepayments
- Complete the quarterly VAT returns accurately and to HMRC deadlines.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller/CFO in the development of reporting, KPI's and help increase efficiencies across the business.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet control accounts and support the Financial Controller in maintaining accurate and timely management information.
- Ad hoc office duties
- Minimum Level 2 AAT
- Previous experience with Purchase and/or Sales Ledger
- Good knowledge of finance
- Able to work well within a team
- High attention to detail
- Effective communication
- Able to solve problems
- Self - motivated
In return you will receive:
- 21 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Monday to Friday working week
- Company pension
- Staff discount