£34,304 to £40,927
35 hours per week
Liverpool City Centre
Suite first-time mover from practice Qualified CA
Due to exceptional growth, our client is looking for a motivated Financial Accountant to join their successful team making this a great time to join them.
We are looking for people with a positive attitude. If you are willing to learn, they will give you all the training and mentoring you will need to be successful in this position. If you are ambitious with an Accounting Qualification and interested in joining a growing business with a group of like-minded people, this company has the career you're looking for.
You will assist the Finance Manager in the provision of professional financial accounting service to the group and its subsidiaries: including financial due diligence, statutory reporting, tax compliance, and cash flow forecasting.
- Assist with the planning and delivery of the group and subsidiary audits
- Assist with the production of year-end statutory accounts as well as a consolidated balance sheet for management purposes throughout the year.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of all external financial and statutory returns for the group and its subsidiaries.
- To assist in maintaining and developing strong control processes to ensure data quality and accuracy and completeness of accounting ledgers
- Provide a financial due diligence service to the group and subsidiary Companies - be the main point of contact and maintain a complete and up-to-date due diligence review checklist.
- Assist in the production of VAT returns and the operation of the partial
- exemption method and the capital goods scheme.
- Assist in capital and cash flow reporting.
- Keep up to date with Statutory Financial reporting requirements
- Work with the Finance Manager to monitor all the balance sheets ensuring all the control account reconciliations are complete and accurate and items dealt with on a systematic basis. This will include undertaking major balance sheet reconciliations and reporting.
- To provide training to finance and non-finance staff where needs are identified.
- To provide professional advice, guidance, and information to Senior Managers,
Systems and Processes
- Ensure that stakeholders are clear on the Financial Regulations and Financial Compliance procedures. Monitor compliance and escalate any issues to Senior managers as appropriate
- Identify and recommend system /process improvements. Play an active part in their implementation.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant ACA
- Degree qualified
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Understanding and interpreting financial and non-financial information provided by a variety of sources
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written, including the ability to communicate with non-finance staff
- Able to assimilate facts quickly and respond appropriately
- Able to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and work on own initiative
- Willingness to help seek efficiencies through the improvement of current systems/processes
- Good Evaluation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS applications including Excel and Teams
- Experience in External Audit
- Extensive knowledge of statutory financial reporting requirements
- Experienced in statutory accounts preparation and review
- Demonstrable experience of working within a complex financial environment
- Industry-leading training
- Great rewards up to £41k pa DOE
- 30 days holidays
- Generous defined benefit pension scheme.
- Various interest-free travel loans for annual season tickets, cycle to work scheme, and reduced-rate city center car parking.
- opportunities to work flexibly - including flexi-time
- discounts, free off-peak gym membership, and free or discounted tickets to a range of events.