Are you looking for your next big challenge, Agility is working with a leading manufacturing company based in Oldham that due to acquisition and internal promotion are now looking for an experienced Finance Professional to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget, and forecasts preparation?
The successful candidate will work closely with the General Manager and operational staff to gain a full understanding of all aspects of the organisation and what drives the company.
You will need to maintain accurate product costings, improve profitability by identifying, and tackling, inefficiencies and waste in the production cycle.
A key part of the role is to identify and implement cost savings everywhere within the business.
You will be a key part of the management team and will be involved in all strategic level decisions within the company and will also present to the Group's Corporate Team at the monthly management meetings.
- £60k TO £75k Dependant on Experience
- Holidays 33 Days pa plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance 2 x Salary
- Pension 3% Company Contribution
- Health Care Scheme
- Qualified accountant with experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
- A proven track record of driving improvements and saving costs in production.
- A desire to make improvements and cost savings and the tenacity to drive them through.
- A hands-on approach -get out into the business to see what is really happening.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and commercial skills.
- Solid technical ability.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience with MRP and/or ERP systems.
- Responsible for all financial operations of the company including reporting, invoicing, cash management, stock control, sales ledger, purchase ledger, nominal ledger and fixed assets.
- Work closely with the General Manager and operational staff to ensure all products have accurate and up-to-date Manufacturing Instructions and Bills of Materials.
- Be the person in the business to hunt out and implement cost savings in all areas.
- Take control of stock management, recording and reporting.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting and ensure the integrity of the ledgers and associated systems.
- Ensure the nominal ledger is accurate and that key nominal ledger accounts are reconciled each month.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly management accounts. Investigate and report variances.
- Prepare year-end accounts and audit pack.
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly financial forecasts.
- Manage the Finance Department to ensure the resource available is utilised as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Continuous monitoring and auditing of gross margins.
- Develop and publish daily/weekly/monthly production profitability, yield, variance reports etc. to improve the information available to support decision making. Use the reports to identify, and implement, improvements to increase profit margins, improve efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Ensure compliance with all tax and regulatory issues.
- Be the main point of contact to external auditors and provide all required information.
- Work closely with the Financial Controller of the company's Australian subsidiary
For a confidential chat please call Peter on 07928592504