We are looking for a suitably experienced applicant with experience in the construction industry - main contractor experience preferrable.
You will be working from modern offices a just south of Preston with easy access to all main arterial roads.
Joining a team of four, your role will be assisting the Accounts Manager this c£25-30m turnover.
The successful applicant will have the technical skills and ambition to succeed the Account Manager running the outsourced finance department of this client - within the next couple of years.
They use cloud based financial accounting and contract accounting software together with payroll and purchase invoice scanning apps.
You will also have good Microsoft Office skills including managing Outlook and using Word and Excel programmes.
Your roll will include assisting with the following accounting processes:
- Raising self-billing invoices for sub-contractors
- Handling payment enquiries from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Processing supplier invoices using AI scanning software
- Assisting preparation of CIS returns
- Assisting preparation of VAT returns
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting setting up of online banking payments for directors' authorisation
- Preparation of weekly and monthly payroll
- Assisting QS's and directors for information/explanations as required
- You join a team that cares about your career and your growth, as well as getting support to help you to define and achieve your personal goals.
- You will be part of a team that cares passionately for its clients.
- You will be part of a team whose core values include continuous improvement, teamwork, and a can-do attitud
- We meet socially at least once a quarter to do something fun,
- You will be part of an organisation where you will be valued, any ideas you have will be warmly received and you will not just be a 'bum on a seat'.
What will you receive
- The starting salary range is £28,000 - £32,000 based on qualifications and experience. Salary will be reviewed regularly, and you will be rewarded for career and academic progression.
- You will qualify to join the company bonus scheme which can be worth up to 10% of basic salary per annum.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays p.a. The office is closed over Christmas and New Year meaning you do not have to fight for a holiday at Christmas and can instead focus on relaxing with your family.
- Study support where applicable.
- Whilst it may not be a priority for you now, we will contribute to a pension scheme for you
What do we need you to be?
- Have GSCE's in Maths, English Language and IT of grade 7 or above
- Be confident, have keen attention to detail and be highly motivated
- Have a desire to learn and develop
- Have an interest in business and what is going on in the wider world
Please give Peter a call to discuss on 01772 278078