Agility is delighted to be partnering with a high change/high growth company that due to progression now has a need for an exceptional Finance Director who is looking for their next challenge, and who is an exceptional communicator.
This is a highly fluid role; you will be highly proven in leading and enhancing the performance of a Finance Team that is undergoing and will continue to undergo positive change. You will have a highly commercial and operational approach and will have demonstrated this in your previous career where you have had to drive strategy and advise on all aspects of financial controls.
Member of the Senior Leadership Team
Substantial benefits package
The primary purposes of this role are:
- To lead and direct the Finance department to deliver a comprehensive service to the business and help it achieve its strategic goals.
- To act as strategic finance business partner to the Management Board taking responsibility for all financial functions, including, credit control, accounts payable, management accounts, financial accounts, overhead budgets and forecast, purchase ledger, banking, payroll, and financial systems.
- Take overall responsibility for financial management within the business ensuring the Company meets financial and legal obligations through accounts submissions, creating and maintaining best practice reporting, procedures, and policies, and supporting the business with risk and compliance.
- Liaising with department heads and other managers to set the firm's annual financial budgets and initiating necessary action where departments experience difficulties generating sufficient fee income
- Line management of the Finance team, ensuring they manage day-to-day finance operations in line with Solicitors Accounts Rules, best practices, and legal obligations.
- Substantial experience operating at the Board level in a similar role within a professional services environment
- Hands-on experience in financial management processes, including producing accounts for HMRC
- Experience in mergers/acquisitions
- Experience in managing risk and compliance at a senior level
- Experience in implementing new systems and processes
- Experience working in the legal sector
- A fully qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent experience
- Degree level or equivalent
- A thorough practical understanding of legislation and best practices relating to financial management in a professional services environment
For a confidentioal chat please call Peter on 07928592504