We are working with a highly recognisable brand that due to expansion and acquisition now requires a qualified / part qualified Management Accountant to join them, to work in their busy Wythenshawe office/manufacturing plant.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Posting journals including prepayments, accruals, and stock.
- Ensure accurate data is posted to the ledgers.
- Nominal and control accounts reconciliations.
- Overhead and variance analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Work with budget holders and perform variance analysis of actuals against budget/forecast
- Assist in the preparation of annual tax information.
- Assisting with internal and external financial audits.
- Assist in the preparation of spreadsheet-based reporting templates.
- Preparation of ad-hoc financial reports as requested.
- Provide support in the development of the accounting processes as and when identified.
- Ensure compliance with Company corporate and client codes of business conduct.
- Upload the financial information into the PLC consolidation system
- Use of Business accounting software including experience with Sage Accounting systems.
- Use of Microsoft Office software including advanced Excel spreadsheet
- Reasoning and problem-solving skills - with the ability to think laterally
- Thorough knowledge of tools and techniques within the accounts systems
- Good communication skills - articulate and good presenter
- Achieved or working towards a professional accounting qualification. - ACCA/CIMA preferred
- Full study support provided 5 days off per exam plus exams paid
- Minimum of three years' experience in a busy accounting environment.
- Experience working in manufacturing