£20000 - £25000 per annum
My client is a successful practice looking for a Trainee to join their Tax department. You'll gain knowledge of tax legislation to provide advisory and consultancy services to clients, ensuring that they pay their taxes in the most efficient way and benefit from any tax advantages and exemptions.
Duties will Include assisting with:
- Researching, analysing, and interpreting changing tax legislation in both the UK and overseas
- Meeting with clients and collating information
- Working with tax law and revenue provisions
- Preparing and submitting compliance (tax) returns by the deadline
- Liaising and negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) on behalf of the client
- Providing consultancy services to high-value private clients
- Creating tax strategies for clients and planning their financial futures
- Carrying out detailed computations to calculate tax liability and advising on how to minimise a client's liability
- Establishing and structuring family trusts
- Estate planning and advising on tax residence and domicile matters
- Providing guidance on indirect taxation issues such as VAT, customs planning and environmental taxes
- Producing reports and presentations for clients.
What we're looking for:
- Have experience in a practice or be AAT qualified, studying ATT.
- Have a 2:1 or above in Accountancy & Finance or a numeric-based degree
- Competent IT skills especially in Excel including using a wide range of functions and formulas i.e., Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP's
- Accurate with good attention to detail is essential for this role
Benefits of this job
- Fantastic opportunity to progress - ATT/CTA study support
- 30 days' holiday
- Salary increases in line with exam passes
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity based near Manchester, please apply with an updated CV. If you have not heard anything within 7 days of sending an application then unfortunately this means you have been unsuccessful during this intake.