Starting Salary £50,000pa plus
Agility is delighted to be working again with a repeat client based in Chorley who manages some of the UK best selling brands in their market. The company has been family-run from its inception over 30 years ago and due to growth and new product lines is now seeking a Finance Manager to join its friendly team.
Responsible for the organisation's financial management, ensuring that the financial processes run smoothly to support cash flow, compliance, and the delivery of timely business information, the role is key to supporting the business's continued growth through professional and efficient operational management of the systems, processes, and output of the finance department.
The Finance Manager will be involved in all aspects of the business, a key member of the senior team, and is expected to influence and lead within this environment. This is a complex role, with multiple deadlines, with KPI delivery at a senior level within the organisation.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company (invoicing, purchase ledger, cash management)
- Management of finance team - including sales ledger, purchase ledger, pricing & management accountant.
- Preparation & Review of the month-end close process, including review of reconciliations, production of the management accounts, group consolidation, and group reporting.
- Ability to produce adhoc reports such as information on stock, customer reporting
- Continuous review and improvement of the systems and processes; recommending and implementing more efficient and effective solutions that fit the needs of the business
- Key stakeholder in managing stock holding - supporting the continuous drive to reduce ageing stock and turnover
- Ensuring VAT compliance for the business
- Cash management including invoicing processes
- Liaison and coordination of the year-end audit and accompanying schedules
- Training and developing team members so that they can run the day-to-day processes smoothly
- Involved in decisions regarding financial strategy with the ability to contribute both strategically and operationally
- Develop and implement a robust pricing strategy and pricing models for the business
- Proactive customer engagement
- Manage the wider finance team, creating and implementing development plans for all direct reports
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Sage experience
- Team player and ability to engage with all levels of personnel both internally and externally
- Strong all-round business sense and commercial awareness
- Well-verseded and experienced in company systems and processes
- Experience of forecasting and budgeting
- Versatile and resilient with a willingness to learn and develop within the culture of the business
- Meticulous attention to detail
- An excellent multi-tasker
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong Excel skills, preferably an advanced knowledge
- Line management responsibility for the wider Finance team
For a confidential chat please call Peter